Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Disaster comes with Murad Clarifying Cleanser

Ola beauty lovers! I am back with another review. I was watching MrsLolalynn on YouTube and she was talking about recommendations on skin care products. She was talking about acne prone skin and all that great stuff. So she recommended trying the Murad Clarifying Cleanser for the face, and it struck some curiousity in me to try. I went to Sephora picked up a sample size to see how my skin would react.

The first time I tried this cleanser, it was not so bad. I used it once at night. It was a clear gel consistency and it applied nicely to the skin, creating this light foam. There was a nice cooling effect which is pleasant especially in the heat of the summer. After trying it the one time, I left the cleanser alone for a couple days, and my skin seemed to be ok. Then I used it twice in a day. Once in the morning, once at night. Well, was that ever a huge NO NO.

After using this cleanser twice in a day, all of a sudden I noticed my skin reacting to the face wash. My entire face broke out in a rash! It was like my face was all bumps. Itchy, irritated. I was mortified!

I check the ingredients of this product, which I knew had a high dose of acne medicine, but acne medicine did not react like this on my skin before. So I didn't understand why now!

This product contains the following:

-Salicylic Acid 1.5%: Penetrates pores to clear up acne and prevent new breakouts.
-Menthol: Cools and soothes skin irritation.
-Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (Green Tea): Provides both anti-redness and antioxidant benefits.

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Tangerine Leaf Oil, Citronella Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Lime Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Mandarin Orange Peel Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Fragrance.


Well, this is one of the highest doses of Salicylic Acid I have ever experienced in a facial cleanser.  I have used salicylic acid products before but they never had this high of a dosage. My face has been itchy, and all I want to do is place a cold cloth on it to relieve its irritation!

I turned to my lovely international beauty friends and ask them what should I do. The lovely Julie from TheSaltLifeWife suggested I take a Benedryl to help the rash reaction. So thats what I did. Slowly but surely the rash is fading with time. But let me just say, this product was not meant for me. 

If you have normal to sensitive skin, my suggestion is stay FAR FAR FAR AWAY from this product. If you are sensitive skin but acne prone, I would recommend going with the different cleanser with acne medication but has a lower dosage.

The next day I went to work and talking to one of my coworkers about my experience, and she said to me, "Girl, Murad is one of the most harsh skin care brands out there, I tried samples and it irritated my skin, I never used them again."

Well thanks for the tip....after the fact. LOL

Now I am not completely scared off from Murad products. I mean c'mon I am a beauty lover. I love to explore. But I will definitely steer clear from their acne treatment products. 

Until next time beauty lovers <3
MacGirl25



Go checkout and subscribe to my YouTube Channel:  http://www.youtube.com/user/MacGirl25Antonietta 
Connect with me:
Pinterest:  AntoniettaNacc
Luvocracy:  Antonietta Nacc
Twitter:  AntoniettaNacc
Instagram:  AntoniettaNacc
If you are a COMPANY/BUSINESS & wish to contact me to review a product, etc, please do not hesitate to contact me at: MacGirl25Antonietta@yahoo.ca








No comments:

Post a Comment