Friday, July 19, 2013

*New* Nair Brazilian Spa Clay 3 step facial hair removal Review

Hey ya'll! I wanted to check in with another quick review for you ladies and gents. I have a Charity event to go to this evening in honor of my 19 year old cousin Robert Naccarato who we lost in a car accident 9 years ago. After he tragically passed away, My uncle, his father/mother/brother and sister created a charity event in his name to give back to the Toronto Sick Kids Children's hospital for kids with childhood cancers and other diseases.

I have attended  this event every year accept for last year. I am going again this year, and in my heart I am going in honor of Miss Talia Castellano who passed away at the age of Thirteen year old on July 16, 2013 from childhood cancer. She is known as a Beauty Guru on YouTube as TaliaJoy18. An amazing inspiration.

Every year this event raises thousands of dollars to support the research for the cure at the Sick Kids Children's hospital in Toronto, Canada. To date we have raised a total of $767 570.00 over the last 5 years, not including this current year which will only increase that number.
If you are interested in this Charity or you want to take a look at the event, please follow the link below:

http://www.focuscellars.net/robert/

Now getting back to my review, I recently purchase the Nair Brazilian Spa Clay 3 step facial hair removal kit in hopes that I would be able to remove the stubborn fuzzes on the sides of my face and a few noticeable hairs around under my chin before I attend this Charity event. Gotta look good in public.  Now girls I don't care how old you are, but once in your life you may come across this situation, and every woman needs to know the good and bad of products to get rid of those brutal hairs in places they shouldn't growing.

So I purchased this kit at the local drug store on sale for $16.99. It comes with 3 products:

Step 1: Nourishing balm: a gentile balm that conditions and prepares skin, so your skin will be less irritated after application

Step 2: Removal Product: is a sensitive formula cream effectively removed unwanted hair.

Step 3: Moisturize: is a moisturizer that re balances and replenishes the skin.

So this little kit comes with a pamphlet of simple directions to follow. I was a bit nervous as to how my face would react since that area is one of the most sensitive areas on your body. But in all it was a decent experience. I applied the step one balm to the area of hair I wanted removed. Then I applied the removal cream on top, and I waited 10 minutes. The box says to wait 7 minutes but 10 minutes is the max. So I went with the max since my hairs a stubborn little ******* (Bleep). I washed off the product once the 10 minutes were up with a face cloth, and it did pretty well in removing the unwanted hairs.

However, once I removed the product my skin was slightly red and irritated on the area of application. Personally, I don't think the balm aka Step 1 does anything, since my skin was irritated anyways. But I did use the step 3 moisturizer cream afterward and that worked wonders! My skins pH balance went back to normal and the redness and irritation went away in a matter of minutes. Now I know why they included that step 3. It helps!

The box advises that you can get at lead 16 uses out of one kit, which is a rough estimate of about four months worth. Since you should only be using it on the face, and those areas are smaller than the rest of your body, then I think it may last a tiny bit longer then 16 uses. The smell is not too bad at all, I was impressed with the subtitle scent it gave off. Which is a bonus. 

Anyways, all I can say is, this is a great at home product for me. I would rather do this than wax, as waxing irritates my skin a lot more then this, and its more cost efficient to do this at home, rather then go to a salon. Keep in mind you don't need only use this on the side of your face, you can also use this on your upper lip, eyebrows, pretty much any where on sensitive facial areas.



Until next time beauty lover
MacGirl25













No comments:

Post a Comment