Thursday, January 23, 2014

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation Review

Ola beauty lovers! Today is another product review for you all. Now if you know me and my product purchased past, you will know I never purchased drug store foundations in my yearly make up years. I was so afraid to try drug store foundations because I did not want to break out from them. So the only foundation I ever used was the MAC Studio liquid foundation back then. It was a safe zone for me because it did not break me out, had decent coverage etc.

I began to get more adventurous with my foundation brands in the drug store only last year. I mean I have a handful of high end foundations that are good (more reviews on those to come), but I thought to myself, what is the worst that could happen? I may break out? Then I will just stop using the product. Yes it could be a gamble on wasted hard earned money, but if I keep the receipt I can always return it if I do not like it.

This L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation is not my first drug store foundation, BUT it is the first one I am going to review. I kept seeing the foundation pop up on YOUTUBE videos. So of course being the Beauty junkie that I am, I got curious and wanted to try it out myself. Keep in mind I am oily to combination skin. So this time of year (dry cold winter) would be the only and best time to try this foundation out. That is what I did.

I am in the shade 06 Sun Beige. They have a few different shades to choose from. The only down fall is you can not test them in the store, so what I did was made note on the shades some of the YouTube girls with similar skin tones as me and went from there. When I applied this shade it was bang on to my skin tone. Yup I am good.

When you first apply the foundation it has this cool soothing sensation of a cold cream. Which is refreshing in the winter time for me because during this time of year I am as dry as a bone most of the day. Application is very easy with this product. Glides on smooth, leaves no streaks. A little bit goes along way so don't over do it.

The foundation gives a luminous glow (hence the name), so the more product you put on the more "glow" aspect you will get out of it. BUT let me just say this, less is more. Don't cake it on because then you will look like a oil slick.

The foundation is medium to full coverage and build able using thin layers. I would suggest using a face primer underneath it for those girls who are oily to combo, or oily skin. It will hold the foundation better. Doesn't matter what face primer just use one for goodness sakes! Dry skin girls don't need a face primer but if you wish to use one knock yourself out.

The wear-ability of this foundation is average to me. I put it on at 8am, by the time 5pm comes around there is still foundation on my face but it doesn't have a long 12 hour wearing time. I would say between 6 to 8 hours at most of wear you can get out of this foundation. Which for me is good because I only use this in the winter, and I use it daily for going to work or hanging out around the house etc. What ever you do, do not wear this if you plan to go to the gym. This will just make you look like a complete oil slick after you sweat.


Now I will be the first one to admit this, this foundation I would not be able to use during the spring and summer time due to my skin type. So cold months would be were I would use this baby. I will stay far away from this foundation in warmer months so I don't emphasize my oily issues. But for the time being in winter, this is pretty decent if you ask me.

The packaging of the product is very useful. It comes in a pump form so it is easy to apply and doesn't make a disaster all over the place. Plus it keeps your foundation in the bottle germ free, so you don't need to dip your fingers or brush in the bottle to take out the product. You don't want to contaminate your product, because then when it goes on your face, that is when break outs will begin to happen.

The price point on this foundation ranges between $16-$21 depending where you purchase it. Realistically for $10 more you could get a higher end foundation. BUT for those of you who don't want to spend that extra $10 this is your alternative drug store foundation when you are looking for a luminous glow.

OK so my final thoughts....pretty good drug store foundation. Different skin types need to be careful how and when they use this foundation as to not make them look greasy. Great hydrating compound for the winter time for me anyway. No scent, which is great. I use this on a every day winter foundation basis and works good. The trick is to get to know how your foundation works for your skin type and once you figure that out you are golden!

Make sure you check out and subscribe to my Youtube Channel: MacGirl25Antonietta

Follow me on:
Twitter: @AntoniettaNacc
Instagram: @AntoniettaNacc

Until next time beauty lovers❤️
MacGirl25









This is me with the foundation on: ☺️



















2 comments:

  1. What a thorough review! I really enjoyed reading this. I've made a resolution to try to incorporate more drugstore makeup into my collection, and since I have dry skin, this foundation sounds like it would work nicely for me! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teri! Yes if you have dry skin, you will enjoy this puppy :)

      Delete