Thursday, January 2, 2014

Garnier BB Cream Review: Oily Combination skin

Ola beauty lovers! Hope you all had a great holiday. I am back with a review, and it is with one of the most impressive product I have yet to experience. The Garnier BB cream is by far the best drug store BB cream brand that I have tried to date. I got the great recommendation from Lizzy at Whatwouldlizzydo on YouTube. I honestly did not think this product was going to WOW me, but Lizzy tells no lies.

For a drug store BB cream it can be a bit pricey depending where you purchase this product it ranges $14-$22.

There are two types that you can select from, normal or oily combination skin. I have combination skin so that is the one I chose. I am loving this product. With it being -20 here in Canada at the moment, my skin is drier the most times, but I still do get oily in my T zone. The bottle is pretty large considering other high end brands of BB creams. You get about 60mL of product and that is more then enough to last you a long time.

They have two different shades to choose from, Medium/light or Dark/Medium. I use the Dark/Medium shade and even though I am more tanned now that I every been, this shade is workable. If I feel that it makes me a tiny bit lighter then I will bronze up my face a bit to bring the color back. So the only down fall I find is the shade selection is minimal.

The texture of the cream is on the runny/cream side. Yes it can be runny and creamy at the same time. But I love how it meshes with my skin. It feels just like how a BB cream should feel. When you apply the cream on your face it has this cold cream feel where it is cooling to the skin. I use my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this baby and it just works so well with it. You do not even need to apply a lot, I would say that you apply less than what you apply a foundation.

After applying it to the face, your skin looks and feels so hydrated. You can add a powder to the T zone if you wish but sometimes I just use the BB cream on it's own and I love the look it gives. It provides quiet a bit of coverage and does hide the redness on my cheeks. When I wear it, through out the day I check myself out in the mirror ( I am not Vain I swear) and my skin just looks glowing and healthy!

So I decided to do a bit of research on this product to see what ingredients are included, and this is what I found: don't judge that I researched after I purchased the product. It's the beauty lover inside of me.

Caffeine: we all know that caffeine is well known for as a stimulant and also as a decongestant property.
Mineral Pigments: these are light and blend instantly into the skin, this allows for a light comfortable product that can be blended flawlessly into the skin, also absorbs quickly.
Mineral Perlite: I did not know this but, this is a volcanic rock extract that is well known apparently for it's ultra absorbing properties. It is suppose to assist in keeping your skin matte through out the day.
Vitamin C: We all know Vitamin C is amazing for skin. It acts as an anti oxidant and helps brighten and even out the skin tone.

Where I found this info is on the Garnier web site:
http://www.garnier.ca/_en/_ca/skincare/sc-nutritioniste-skin-renew/bb-cream-combination-to-oily-skin.htm

After reading those ingredients I was impressed with this item. To say the least it was nice to see that companies actually do put beneficial ingredients in products that we use. I swear I have faith in the beauty retail industry, just sometimes I have to wonder.

All in all this product is a thumbs up in my book. Love the texture, love how it applies, love how it leaves my face feeling hydrated but not oily. My suggestion even if you do not have oily skin, I would still suggest the oil-combination formula any ways. I found this item at any local drug store, or Wal-Mart, Target etc.  Definitely worth the hype!





Until next time beauty lovers <3
MacGirl25










No comments:

Post a Comment