Monday, January 6, 2014

Clarisonic Diaries Jan 6, 2014

Ola beauty lovers! It's a cold one today in Canada and with the cold weather comes dry stubborn skin. My face lately hasn't been acting normal over the last few months. Most of the year, well in the warmer months at least, my skin will have very minor hormonal break outs before my period that only last a few days. BUT since November my skin is not working with me.

My hormonal break outs have been lasting for a week and half or more before my period! For you women out there you know how annoying this can be, I feel your pain! It can be difficult to put on makeup when your skin is looking like you got chicken pox or dried blemishes that make you look dehydrated. I have to say, I have been under a lot of stress since November, which is most likely why my skin acted out for the last two months. I promised my self this new year I would turn that stress around, and six days in, I am doing pretty good. Staying positive, keeping my mind exercised, and keeping my body exercised. Yes I am joining the gym. I am not going to get into why and all that jazz as that is for another post, based on another topic. BUT I am really hoping that these changes I am making inside help with my skins out come on the outside. Of course I am changing my eating habits as well. More healthier choices will help my breakouts stay away.

Any ways, my Clarisonic journey is still on the go. I have still been using my Clarisonic Mia every other night, some times every third night depending how much exfoliating I need. I am finding in the winter time, I exfoliate more since my skin just tends to flake off more then the summer time. I still wash my face twice a day, however if I use the Clarisonic I make sure I only use it once in that day not twice! I tone after I wash my face and then apply moisturizer. I use face masks through out the week to help keep these bloody break outs at bay, but ladies and gents, it is so hard to keep these break outs under control. The last two weeks my break outs before my period have been outstandingly uncontrollable. You don't believe me? Oh I have pictures for ya to see. This is what my chin looks like a week and half before my period. The pigmentation on these babies are brutal. I am trying every dark spot corrector during this time to get rid of these spots and any scars that may be left behind.

Now just so you know the Clarisonic DID NOT do this acne party on my face. I have been using the Clarisonic Mia since early November and my skin already did the break out badly portion of that process. However these break outs are all hormonal a week and half before my period as you see below. I am praying that it is just because this winter is bad, but once spring hits and if these break outs don't ease up at that time of my cycle then I am kicking my ass over to a dermatologist to see what else I can do.Once my period comes my break outs actually diminish and disappear, but for that time frame before hand, its just horrifying.

In the mean time I am doing trial and error to see what else can work with my face. Let's hope I find an answer this year. I am still doing my skin care routine daily, let me know in the comments below if you would like to see a skin care routine and what products I enjoy using that I find that works for me?

Until next time beauty lovers <3
MacGirl25










No comments:

Post a Comment