Saturday, January 11, 2014

Limecrime Pink Velvetine Quick Review

Ola beauty lovers! I saw a swatch of this Lime crime pink velvetine a while ago online and I just fell completely in love that I picked one up before the holidays. If you haven't seen the swatches on line go check out this link below and you will see what I am talking about.

http://limecrime.com/lips/velvetines-37.html

Tell me after seeing that swatch that your beauty product heart just melted? I know mine did. :)
I have Lime crime lipsticks that I just absolutely enjoy. If you haven't seen my review on those click on this link below:
http://macgirl25.blogspot.ca/2013/08/limecrime-lipsticks-review.html

So I knew I was going to just have great times with this new baby in my life. First off let me say that Lime Crime shipping packaging is the cutest ever. Comes in a small box with the inside lining printed of white and pink and a Unicorn on the inside of the lid. Then the products are all wrapped in the this neon green tissue paper. Adorable.

The product packaging is even cuter! Lip gloss type of tube, with a red top and a bit of floral design on the handle of the tube. The product has a doe foot applicator (my favorite type of lip product applicator ever).

Now are you ready for it? My thoughts on the actual product itself...Loving it! Ok I only have the one shade in pink velvet BUT I just love love love it! The formula applies on like a mouse texture and then dries to a matte finish.

I must warn you, this is very drying to the lips, so make sure you moisturize those lippies before you apply this product to keep the matte affect. If you don't mind a glossy finish then add a gloss after ward to give your lips some hydration.

Despite the mattifying effect, which I don't mind, the color is so opaque that this product you only need a TINY TINY TINY bit to apply to the lips because the color is so BAM in your face. :)
They only have three shades available at the moment, a red, a coral orange, and the pink. So the color selection is not wide in range. So if you are a neutrals girl and only wear neutrals then this product might not be for you.  Hell it's a new year girl, just try a bright color, who knows you may like it. That way when you try it you can say I inspired you to try a bright color :)


Anyways, that is all for today. Until next time beauty lover!
MacGirl25

In this photo all I am wearing is the limecrime pink velvetine with a lipliner


This photo I am wearing the pink velvetine with a Mac lip glass of the same shade 




No comments:

Post a Comment