Monday, September 16, 2013

Make Out 2014

Ola Beauty Lovers! The last few days have been very stressful for me. I mentioned in my last article that last week I was in a car accident. Well my car is being written off, and I am on the hunt for a new car. I am the most emotional wreck it's not even funny. Between Insurance Adjusters, Body Shop Owners, Bank Reps, I literally want to curl in a ball and die.

Have you ever seen Sex and the City when Carrie Bradshaw gets evicted by her own ex-boyfriend and she has to come up with the money to buy her apartment? Well no that's not exactly what I am going through, however money is a bit tight now a days. Since when has the quality of living gotten so damn expensive? Like WTF? I can't believe between insurance, car payments, day to day living alone is sky rocketing, and I still live at home, I can only imagine what it will be like when I have my own place. So I have decided to follow a contract I have made for myself to limit my spending on make up and stuff I don't need. Because lets face it, I have enough stuff as it is. I hate the feeling of hoarding all these items. I am determined to get my collection down to a minimum and keep it down low.

There is no need to have so much make up, so much color products. So I am on a De-clutter binge. I got this idea from the one and only Christine at PinkSoFoxy. She has a blog with that nick name on here so go check her out. She also has a YouTube channel with the same name. She really helped me open up my eyes.

I am sharing this all with my readers because I could use some moral support on this one. I am determined not to fail this challenge and keep it going.

So the rules are below in case any of you are willing to take on the challenge with me. I am just ready for a new beginning and a fresh out look on quality of life etc, and I think this will be the best start for me. I did date this to start Oct 1st, but hell I am starting right now.

Oh and one more thing, just because I am on this Make out 2014 challenge doesn't mean I will not have beauty items to write about so don't worry it will not affect my blog. :)

Thanks for reading everyone!
Until next time beauty lovers ❤
MacGirl25



Make Out 2014
I will allow myself 20 makeup purchases for the year 2014. This includes: all color cosmetics, eye shadow/pigments, blush, bronzer, highlighters, lipstick, lip liner, eyeliner, eye primers, foundation, powder, mascara, color nail polish, and repurchases of any items I finish. 

October 1st 2013- December 31st 2014

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
*Excluding: nail polish remover, topcoat, base coat, back 2 mac, basic hair care (including hair dye), basic body care and natural skincare ingredients (natural oils, clays, toners, etc), toothpaste/toothbrushes.

X_________________________________________________________
                              Signature                                         Date

Witness Signature:

X_________________________________________________________
                              Signature                                         Date

After purging begins the hard part is maintaining not over purchasing...I truly want to change my buying habits and build the self discipline necessary to maintain a more minimalist direction. I can not allow myself to slip back into the buying frenzy. Make Out 2014 is boot camp for me, a year long training period to retrain my mind, strengthen my weaknesses and give my lifestyle a makeover.

This is a test I must pass.
 

3 comments:

  1. You go girl, Good Luck.

    Ayshxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally going to join this, I'm travelling all the time so a big bulk of make up is the last thing I need right now! x

    ReplyDelete