Thursday, September 12, 2013

China Glaze Feather Effects Line

Ola Beauty Lovers! Yes I am back again to talk a little bit about the new China Glaze Feather Effects Collection of nail polish. 

I found my two colors at Sally's Beauty Supply. When I first purchased them I was so excited to try them out. In the bottle they look awesome. This line is a bunch of thinly sliced glitter or colored paper of different colors. The collections has about 8 colors or so. The two I purchased were Flying South and You're a Hoot. 

Application:
When applying this polish I notice that the formula is a bit thicker then a normal polish. The clear polish mixed in these feather effects polishes are very thick. I also notice that I need to apply 3 plus coats in order to get an opaque look. You need to be quick when applying this polish because it does dry quicker then most average polishes. 

Texture
The finish texture is a but rough. Not really feather like. When I think of feather I think about soft velvety feeling. This is nothing like it. Once it dries it reminds me of the texture of bricks. Yes....bricks. 

Wearing power:
The wearing power is pretty good. 6 to 7 days of wearing this polish without chipping providing you are using a base and top coat. Without a base and top coat I am assuming you can get away with 4 to 5 days of wear. 

Removal
Keep in mind that when you use any type of glitter polishes usually the base in that formula is some type of glue to keep the glitter on your nails. So the fact is that these kind of polishes do not come of in one swipe like other average polishes. 
That means you will need 100% acetone to remove this polish off your nails. You can get 100% acetone at any beauty supply or drug store, and be patient because it will take some effort to remove this polish off. 

Price:
These are the same price as any other China Glaze polishes so between $5 to $8 depending where you buy them. 

Final thoughts:
It was worth the shot to test these puppies out but I don't think I'll be repurchasing this collection again. The look of then on the nails looks cool but for me it's not worth it when I have to remove them. I prefer polishes that is easy to remove. 

Until next time beauty lovers❤
MacGirl25




No comments:

Post a Comment