Saturday, September 14, 2013

MAC Beauty Haul (MAC Sale)

Ola Beauty Lovers! Last weekend I went to my local MAC beauty sale they have every quarter to half a year. What it is, is basically a giant warehouse sale of beauty products. Not just MAC there is Estee Laudier, Clinique etc. So my girlfriend happened to get a couple tickets (because it is by invite only) and she brought me along, knowing I have a Beauty Blog and YouTube Channel. Yes for those of you who do not know I do have a YouTube Channel. You can find me by my user name: MacGirl25Antonietta on YouTube.

So I did a little bit of shopping to try out some new items and to pick up a couple of my MAC products.
Hope you enjoy the Haul below, Note I also made a haul of the same items on my YouTube channel in case you are interested. 



1. Estee Laudier Sparking Clean Oil Control Foaming Gel Cleanser ($20) (Retail: $30-$40)
  • I have never tried an Estee Laudier cleanser before so I thought this would be the perfect time to grab one of these babies to try out and share my thoughts with all of you. I have not used it yet, but on the package it does claim that it controls oils. Here is a snip it of what the bottle says, " Fresh, citrus gel surges into an exhilarating lather that controls oil without stripping". I took a whiff of it and it is very refreshing scent. So lets hope this stuff works. I will keep y'all posted. 



2. MAC Pro Eye Makeup Remover ($12) (Retail: $21)
  • I have not yet tested this eye make up remover out. But I have heard good things about it. So I am going to take a risk and test it out. It is a pricey make up remover retail price. Since I caught it on sale for $12 I figured why not. That sale price is equivalent to my other eye make up remover prices. Will keep y'all posted on this one too.


3. Grassroots Research Labs: Vitamin C Skin refreshing Cleanser with Vitamins E and B5 ($10) (Retail: Unknown)
  • I had never heard of this company before. But after doing a bit of light research, I learned that this company is affiliated with Estee Laudier. I have not been able to pin point any retail prices on this company so I will need to dig a little deeper. Looking forward to trying out this refreshing cleanser. For $10 you can't go wrong. Stay tuned as I use these products I will definitely be sharing my opinions with all my readers. 


 4. MAC Eye Shadow Quad in Angel Flame ($25) (Retail: $50)
  • I love MAC eye shadow quads. I have a couple and I try to only purchase them when I go to sales like these because they are half the retail price! This one was my favorite out of the couple they had to choose from. Starting from the top left corner, there is a light shimmer highlight shade. Then beside that is a gorgeous coppery rose gold shade. This rose gold shade is what sold me on this palette. Then the bottom left shadow is a baby pink. I don't find the baby pink as pigmented as the rest. Then the bottom right is a charcoal grey which is perfect to smoke out the look if you wanted a more dramatic look at night. This palette is very versatile for both day and night. Love it. I would swatch them but my lighting is just not up to par today. Sorry ladies and gents. 

5. 3 MAC Nail polishes ($9 each) (Retail: $18 each)
  • I love nail polish. For those of you who have read my previous articles, you know I love doing my own nails. It's a therapy for me. I found these at the sale and just had to pick them up. Normally I don't buy MAC Nail polish because they are pricey, but when I get the opportunity to go to a sale like this I make it worth it. From left to right here are the shades. "Life and Beth" is a creamy peachy nude. "Myth" is a cream yellow tone nude. "Triumphant" is a chocolate dark brown which is great for fall. To see swatches of these three beauties please go follow me on instagram @AntoniettaNacc

 6. MAC Velux Pearl Eye Shadow in Twinks ($12) (Retail: $18)
  • I have this shade already but I had to get another one because it is the perfect bronze fall shade for all over the lid or adding dept to the crease, I got greedy and picked this one up too. What can I say? I am a true Beauty Lover. Just look at that gorgeous bronze shade. If you want to see how these shadows look on me, please again follow my instagram @AntoniettaNacc I always post make up of the day looks and nail swatches all the time. 

7. MAC Blush in Pink Swoon ($12) (Retail: $25)
  • Now I know every body and their mom owns this blush. But when I saw it on sale I had to pick it up because I did not own it. Yes that is the MAC Blush in Pink Swoon. This blush is one of the most popular blushes by MAC known to man. It does look a bit scary and bright in the packaging but when you apply it on the skin, its a beautiful light pink that is build able depending how flushed you want your cheeks to look. Love it, and I love that I scored it on sale LOL.

8. Grassroots Research Labs Flowing Cactus Extreme Moisture Cream ($25) (Retail: Unknown)
  •  So I picked up another Grassroots research lab product. From that I can see is that this company has distribution warehouse in Canada and they try to use as much natural ingredients as possible. Although not all of their products are all with only natural ingredients. Love the smell of this cream though, so I will be excited to use this in the winter when my skin needs the most moisture ever. 

Ok so that is what I got at the MAC Sale. However I was not impressed with their selection this year on a larger base aspect. I was looking for 2 Clinique products that they did not offer. So I decided to go to my local Shoppers Drug Mart and redeem some of my Optimum points. Below is what I got for free with my points:

1. Clinique All about lips (Free) (Retail: $28)
  • I heard so many great things on YouTube from my friend  Lizzy, her channel is WhatWouldLizzyDo. I have read some great reviews on this product too. You put this on your lips before you apply any lip products. This is suppose to help de-line and de-flake your lips through out the day when wearing your lipsticks, lip glosses etc. So I am so excited to try this out.

2. Clinique All about eyes (Free) (Retail: $36)
  • I am about to run out of eye cream so I thought this is a good time to use up my points to get a good eye cream. This one felt really moisturizing and rich so I will test this baby out and let you all know my thoughts. The girl try to sell me on a $110 eye serum and I told her that I am only 25 years old I am not that desperate yet! LOL Sticking to the basics for now. 



Anyways, that was my haul. I hope you enjoyed it. I will be keeping you all posted on my thoughts on these products as I use them. Please stay tuned. If you are further interested go check me out on my YouTube Channel MacGirl25Antonietta or Instagram @ AntoniettaNacc .

Until next time beauty lovers ❤
MacGirl25

No comments:

Post a Comment