Friday, September 6, 2013

Current Beauty Empties August 2013

Ola Beauty Lovers! It is that time of the month again for current beauty empties for August 2013! Yay! I am so excited to show you my little stash of empties that I have some strong opinions on.

Let's just jump into this shall we.

1. Listerine with Fluoride
  • I always use an antiseptic mouth wash when I do my oral care routine. This one is my favorite because it does have fluoride in it, which double helps with prevention of cavities. It is a bit pricier thank other mouth washes. But girl I don't cheap out on my teeth. Depending on what drug store you get this at, you may find it between $7- $8. There are other cheaper, but this one is my favorite. The minty taste is great too.

2. Delon+ Premium Cotton Rounds
  • These are also another favorite of mine. These are the best cotton rounds to use when removing any make up on the face. I mentioned them in my last empties and I will mention them over again. They do not come apart when you apply make up remover, they are very durable and soft for the face. You get these at Costco in a large container for $15. Each stack comes of 100 rounds and there are about 9 or 10 stacks. Definitely will repurchase when I run low.

3. Mane 'n Tale Color Protect Shampoo
  • I have also had this in a previous empties or favorites article. I love using this shampoo because it helps thicken my hair, make it grow a bit faster, and it helps protect my color. I used this when I took out my fusion extensions and it literally brought my hair back to life. Love it! Very affordable $4- $5 bucks at Wal Mart or Sally's. Sally's may be one or two bucks more but still worth it. Will definitely re purchase once I finish my other shampoos. Definitely one of my top 5 for sure. Note, this shampoo also is a clarify shampoo so if you need to remove gunk this one is a goody for that as well.



4. Beauty Treats Cucumber Make up Removing Cleansing tissues
  • I love these make up remover wipes. I have had these in my empties before. They are the balm dot com. I bought these at Trade Secrets for $4.95. Reasonable price, I mean I have seen some more expensive. The best part is that one package comes with 30 pre-moistened tissues, and they are drenched is make up remover. Which is amazing, I can not stand those wipes where they are so dry even when you wet them with water they don't do squat. These are awesome. Plus they should last you about a month if you use one per day. Definitely will re purchase.



5. Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub
  • I do not waste time, I hates this product. This was by far the worst scrub ever. It claimed to unclog pores blah blah blah. Honestly, all it did was dry the shit out of my skin, that when I dried my face I had to lather on cream. Oh not to mention the smell of this product was horrid. Not my cup of tea!  I did not like this one at all. It does have some micro beads for exfoliating but it definitely did not turn my crank if you know what I mean. The price I think was about $7-$9 but honestly not worth the few bucks it is. You are better off getting something else from L'oreal (stay tuned to my next empties), or even St Ives.

6. Jane Cosmetics Eye liner in #1 Onyx (black)
  • Bought this liner not to long ago, I think it was about $3. It is a mechanical pencil type of liner. Well it was alright. Nothing amazing. The liner smudges, doesn't hold on the water line, and also doesn't hold on the upper eyelid line. I found that residue of the liner would end up on the bottom of my brow bone in the crease. It was frustrating to wear. Not my favorite and will not re purchase unless they reformulate it.


7. L'oreal Waterproof Gentle Makeup Remover for Eyes and Lips
  • This is my ultimate favorite eye makeup remover. It is not greasy, does not leave a film behind after you use it, and does not sting the eyes. The only down fall is the price, it used to be $12 but now they have increased the price between $12- $14 depending where you find it. Bummer I know. But by gosh this stuff does the job and then some. My girl on You Tube "MsGoddessintraining" also uses this and she loves it as well. I am telling you once you try it, it is hard to go to anything else.

8. California Mango Buff (Natural Exfoliating hand scrub)
  • I found this product at Sally's one time last year. Wanted to try it out to see how it was. This is a great hand scrub for when you give yourself manicures. It smells like a light mango scent. The scrub is a smooth scrub where it doesn't hurt your skin but takes off the dead skin cells. It has a whole bunch of natural oils, Jojoba, Sesame, Soybean,  Sea Kelp, Aloe just to name a few. I think I bought this for around $6-$7 but sometimes it goes on sale for $4. So I will be keeping an eye out and once it goes on sale again I am definitely going to repurchase. This scrub makes my hands so soft even my boyfriend can't get enough holding my hands. *Blush*

9. Bath & Body Works Anti Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Lotion-Cucumber Melon
  • I think a lot of people enjoy Bath & Body Works products. The Cucumber Melon hand lotion has been my favorite for years. I used to leave one of these on my desk at the office and I would use it every day multiple times a day. Then I began to leave it in my purse so I would not use it often to savour it but nope I still manage to get through these bottles like water. They have other scents but this one is my favorite. I think they go for $3-$5 a bottle not too sure. Do not quote me on that. All I know is that it does the job and kills germs at the same time. What more can you ask for?


10. Britney Spears Believe- Feeling is Believing Body Souffle
  • I am a huge Britney Spears fan. Some of you may stifle me on that but guess what I do not care. Any way lover her perfumes too. When I got her Believe scent it came with this lotion. So I used it all up. It was OK for a lotion. Not something I would go out and buy again. It smelt great and did the job but will not re purchase the lotion again. Plus her lotions are pretty pricey.


11. MAC Pigment Tester in TAN- Sample size
  • Can not say anything bad about this. Love MAC Pigments. They are fabulous. Color pay off is great. When you use fix plus with it they look even better, like a metallic look to them. So I purchased the full size. Yes I did and I am not ashamed of it. A lot of MAC stores don't usually give out testers of pigments because they last so long, but the MAC store I go to, the girls love me there since I spend A LOT of money in that store. So that was nice of them to do to give me a sample.


12. Hard as Hoof Nail Strengthening cream
  • Love Love Love this nail strengthening cream. It is so affordable $5 at Wal Mart. Smells like Cherries, and works like a charm. This cream made my nails so much more healthier. This product carries vitamins A, C, D, and E. It is not greasy at all either. It seeped into my nail beds and cuticles like water. Phenomenal. Must have for your nail care routine.


13. IBD Reconstrux- Rebuild & Renew Nail Growth
  • I posted a current nail care routine recently and this product is part of it. This is an oil that you massage into your cuticles and nails before and after you apply nail polish. This product was the first product I used to get my nails where they are at today. I have a lot of friends who remember when I always wore acrylic nails, when my nails would be paper thin. This product was a miracle worker. I use this every night before bed over nail polish and it would seep into my nail beds and cuticles and would just nourish my nails and stimulate the growth as well as the strength of them. I get this at Sally's. It usually is around $9- $12 a bottle, but the bottle does last you a while, about a month and a bit. I have been using this for years and have gone through at lease 15 bottles or so and counting. Love it!


14. Orly In a Snap Top Coat
  • I love this top coat for the nails. It is a quick dry so the down fall is once you get to the last quarter of the bottle, it does get goopy and thick. So usually I will attempt nail polish thinner, and that will stretch it out a few more applications but after that it's time to say good bye and start a new one. This goes for about $9 at Sally's. That is the only place I have been able to find it. But if you can get them cheaper knock yourself out girls. I like this top coat, I will probably buy it again but I have other top coats to get through first.


15. L'oreal Skin Genesis Pore Minimizer
  • So I had this in one of my favorites when I first got this product a while back. It is a face cream to minimize pores. I did enjoy this cream. I got it on sale at Wal Mart once for under $10 and it helped me stay matte the entire day. Sometimes when I did not wear make up and only the face cream, my skin still looked put together since it controlled my oils well. Some of you may not know that I am combination oily skin (especially in my T zone) and this product did help. The problem now is I can not find it any where. So I think it has been discontinued. Booooo.


16. Reversa Cleansing Micellar solution for face and eyes- Sample size
  • Hated this make up remover. This make up remover was horrible. You try to take off eye make up with this and you will be ripping off your eyelids with it. There is no parabens which is the only good thing about this product because it sucked! I do not even know what the cost of a full size of this is and I do not even care because I will never use this again. Just awful.


17. Stri Vectin-AR  Advanced Retinol Night Treatment- Sample size
  • I am not so sure about this product. The smell was a bit questioning, but it claims to fix the signs of aging. On a small sample I can not speak to that. It did seem moisturizing for night time. Which is what I used it for, a night time cream. I doubt I will buy this in full size. I just think there are better things out there. Couldn't even tell you the full size price since I wont be buying this. But I would assume its on the pricier side.

18. Nuxe Nuxellence Jeunese Fluide Rechargeur- Sample Size
  • To be honest I could not tell what to use this for on the package. But from the minor descriptions I figured it would be safe for my face. The scent of it was floral, seemed alright to me. The cream it self I used on the face but was not thrilled. It seemed a bit greasy to me. I did not like it at all. Definitely won't purchase that one in full size either.


19. Bioderma Purifying Corrective Care- Sample Size
  • I liked this product. This sample was to restore the skins natural clear aspect, or so it says on the bottle. I find that it did help my skin tone even out. Which is great. The only thing I did not like was the scent was a but nasty. Did not like the scent, and personally when I don't like the smell of something I put on my face it means I won't be using it again. If they would make this product smell nicer I would consider buying the full size.


20. Guinot- Matizone Shine Control Moisturizer- Sample Size
  • My Cousin Lia owns her own Spa in Woodbridge ON, Canada. Whenever I go visit, she usually sends me home with some samples for my oily combo face. This happened to be one of them. I love this moisturizer. It keeps me matte all day and the scent is appealing. Once I get through my other samples I will definitely go and purchase the full size of this. Will keep y'all posted on this one.





Well All that is it for my August Beauty Empties. I hope you all enjoyed these mini reviews as much as I enjoy giving them. What is in your beauty empties for August? What are you enjoying? Or not enjoying? I always enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to comment down below.

Note: All full size products I purchase with my own dollar bills. Sample sizes were either given to me by relatives or given to me with purchases.

Until next time beauty lovers ❤
MacGirl25




























No comments:

Post a Comment