Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette REVIEW

Ola Beauty lovers, I am back again with another review. This time I am so excited to show you this product. The Chocolate Bar Palette by Too Faced Cosmetics has been my go to palette for the month of February. Let me tell you, this palette is any woman's dream. The shadows smell like CHOCOLATE! Amazing!

Too Faced has said that this palette was inspired by their Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, which if you know about their bronzer you know that, that too also smells like chocolate. According to the back of the palette and I quote, this is what they claim:

"Indulge your craving for chocolate with these 16 antioxidant-rich cocoa powder infused matte and shimmer shades of natural browns, delicate pinks, and luscious plums. Inspired by our best-selling cocoa powder infused Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, the collection of decadent shadows is the perfect compliment to any skin tone..."

Ok so reading that on the back of the palette alone made my mouth water. Now lets dive into the palette.

The Canadian cost for this palette is $59.00 (On my Youtube Channel I estimated $38-$49, which I think is the States cost) 

Packaging
-The packaging is good. The palette is in a tin form, sort of like the Naked 2 and 3 Palettes from Urban Decay. It comes with a medium mirror on the lid inside. The 16 shadows are sitting on the bottom of course. The palette is sturdy to travel with and you don't have to worry about crushing the shadows. So thumbs up on the packaging.

Pigmentation/Blend ability/Wear ability
- The pigmentation on these babies are great!  They are so pigmented that you could only use one swipe if you wanted too. My personal preference is building the color to it's max intensity. These are all neutral shades so you can do day time and night time looks in a matter of seconds.
-They blend so smoothly into each other that it is effortless to create a good blended smokey look
-With an eye primer underneath these shadows are long wearing all day.

EyeShadows....Matte, Shimmer, Glitter
- Love how this palette is so versatile. It comes with 3 chunkier glitter shadows, 6 Matte shades, and 7 shimmer shades (on my Youtube channel I miss counted 6 shimmer Shades its really 7, opps)
-It is so hard to find a palette that has 6 Matte shades period. I love that it give you the option of using shimmer or matte because lets face it ladies, we have our moments for either or.

The only down fall of this palette, which is minor, is that the names of the shadows are not printed on the palette. The palette came with a clear plastic with the names of them when you place the plastic over top the shadows. That I wasn't impressed with. But it doesn't make or break what I think of the shadows themselves.

Oh P.S they last through a gym work out, yup I tested that out ! Fabulous !!!!

All in all, this palette is fabulous. From smelling like chocolate, to the pigmentation of the shadows, to the blend ability and wear ability, to the variety of finishes. Fantastic! I love this palette, been using it all month long and so impressed by the quality of this gorgeous make up product. Great job Too Faced! Keep 'em coming!



Go checkout my YouTube Channel:  http://www.youtube.com/user/MacGirl25Antonietta 
Connect with me:
Pinterest:  AntoniettaNacc
Luvocracy:  Antonietta Nacc
Twitter:  AntoniettaNacc
Instagram:  AntoniettaNacc


Until next time beauty lovers <3
MacGirl25










No comments:

Post a Comment