Sunday, February 2, 2014

End of January Beauty Empties 2014

Ola beauty lovers! Let's talk beauty empties. It is a new month and that means I am showing you my end of January empties. I say this every time I post one of these and it is because it is so true. I love watching beauty empties videos and reading up on beauty empties posts because it shows me if people enjoyed the product or not after using it all up. So let's just jump right into it.


1. Dior Nude BB Cream-Sample size
- Really liked this BB cream, only down fall is that this sample was way too light for my skin tone. I am not too sure if they have other shades, but I will definitely check it out when I am in the market for another BB Cream. Dior is a higher end line, so I will have to pinch my pennies to save up for this full size baby.


















2. Skin Care Sample Sizes
- I tell everyone and their mom when it comes to skin care samples, and I don't mean the deluxe size samples, I mean the dinky one time use sample packets, no woman or man can ever form a proper opinion on skin care creams based only on one use. So these sample sizes I have no opinions on since I couldn't use them long enough in order to tell you whether they worked for my skin or not.



3. Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital Face Cream- Deluxe Sample size
- This is what I call a proper skin care deluxe sample size. This baby lasted me over a month. Yes I was able to use this for over a month, and guess what? I actually liked this moisturizer. When I apply this product to my face it really feels like I have given my skin a whole bunch of great vitamins. It has a great SPF of 30 so you can wear it under your make up during the day. I used it for both day and night. In this cold freezing weather this high potency face cream really was a treat to my skin, doesn't make me greasy which is my number one benefit I look for when shopping for a face cream. Lancome is another high end brand, if I ever decide to purchase this in full size it will be after I finish all my other face creams I have. Great product, only downfall is it is pricey.


4. Thayer's Alcohol Free Toner: Lavender Witch Hazel
- I love using toners when they are alcohol free. I mean really, who wants to feel stinging when they apply a toner after cleansing their face? I know I don't. I get this toner from the natural food store for about $10. It is pricey but you get 12 fluid ounces and that bottle lasts you for months and months. I purchased this bottle back in April or May time frame and I finished it in January. So that $10 spent on this does stretch out. Love this toner, will always re purchase this.



5. Bath & Body Works Candle in Leaves: Medium size candle
- I am not sure why, but when you do blogging for vlogging on beauty items it just goes hand in hand with loving to burn candles. Everyone knows the Bath & Body Works candles are the most famous in the blog and YouTube world. (If you don't follow me on YouTube please go Subscribe right NOW! MacGirl25Antonietta) This candle is the medium size candle in the leaves scent. This scent is from their 2013 Fall Collection. I just went to buy their 2014 summer candles and I walked out of there with 12 candles. Now I know what you are gonna say, OMG they are so expensive! Yes you are right BUT, the key is to go buy these amazing candles when they are on sale 2 for $25 or 2 for $22 for the large candles, depending where you live. I can not wait to burn the summer scents. Summer is my favorite season so I will be in heaven. Anyways the leaves scent is my favorite fall scent, I have a large candle size in the leaves scent and I am so excited to burn that one. I have 3 and half more fall large scented candles from Bath & Body Works to burn, so I am savoring them as they burn up because I am ready for summer!


6. California Mango Natural Hand and Body Lotion
- Got this on sale for a few bucks at Sally's Beauty Supply. I love this line for nail care. Their cuticle oil is great. However this hand and body lotion was not a favorite of mine. The formula of this product was very watery, runny and it did not seem to be a good deep moisture type of lotion. Lotions with more water in them are great for summer or spring lotions because they are a bit lighter. However I do tan all year round so I need a tripled body lotion to ensure my skin is not thirsty. I have a whole bunch of lotions to get through SO I will not be repurchasing this one....ever.


7. Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy Perfume
- I have a lot of perfumes to get through. This one has been a good one I always repurchase. This is more of a sweet fruity scent. I get a lot of compliments when I wear this perfume. Glad I used it up because I have a lot of bottles to get through. This perfume ranges around $60 or so, more in the middle price range in the perfume world.



8. Smash box Photo Finish Foundation Primer- Sample size
- Smash box primers are great. Love all Smash box primers. They do go for $50 a bottle so they are more on the expensive side but, if you want a good primer this is one to consider. Non greasy, applies smoothly. Keeps oils from breaking through.


9. Lush Roots Hair Treatment- Sample size
- Lush is great to give you sample sizes of products you are not ready to spend the money on until you know you love it. This roots hair treatment is meh. Yes I used the word "Meh". I honestly do not think this treatment does anything to my scalp at all. There is suppose to be peppermint in the product to help stimulate hair growth BUT I did not notice it at all. I personally use essential oils on a daily basis so I usually add a few drops of peppermint oil in my shampoo and it helps with stimulating the scalp for growing hair. Save your money on this treatment and just go with adding a few drops of peppermint oil to your shampoo and believe me you will notice a difference that way instead. Lushes Roots Hair treatment goes for $25-$30. Peppermint oil is $10 a bottle....plus which ever shampoo you use. Just throwing that out there.



10. Marcelle Eyebrow Pencil in Black
- Decent drug store eyebrow pencil. Affordable (around $12) and easy to blend into your brow hairs. Good option if you do not want to spend a lot on brow pencils. Ps. This pencil lasted me well over a year.


11. Maybelline Colossal Cat eye Mascara: Black
- I have a love hate relationship with this mascara. I reviewed this product when I got it and it was great in the beginning (go check out my review on my blog). BUT let this be a warning, when this mascara begins to dry out it gets flaky and starts to fall underneath your eyes. I mean its a drugstore brand so it's cheap. It does what is should until it begins to dry out. Would I repurchase this? Only if it was on sale or if it was waterproof.


12. Clinique Take the day off make up remover- Sample size
- I am going to be frank with you all. This is an average make up remover priced way too high. Don't waste your money on this remover when drugstore brands are better and cheaper in price.



13. Blistex lip balm
- Great drug store lip balm. I will repurchase once I run out of balms. They are affordable and minty. Love the minty flavor in balms.



14. Clarins Hydra Quench Cream- Sample size
- This Clarins moisturizer was good. Hydrated my skin without being greasy. This was a small sample so I was only able to use it for about a week, but still it was nice. My skin soaked up all the moisture from this cream. I have a few more samples of this so will keep you posted on my opinions further once I get through those.


15. Face Mack JM Dead Sea Salt
-  If you have been through my posts, and you follow my blog you know this mask is a frequent appearance in my empties posts. Affordable, get these at Wal-Mart for $1.97. They are a quick and easy way to pamper yourself when you need to wind down from a rough day. Love these one time use masks.





16. Hair Conditioners: Ion & Proclaim
- The ion conditioner is a great every day deep conditioner. It smells like sweet almond oil or Amaretto if you are European you will know what that is. The proclaim is an amazing deep conditioner with argan oil  infused into it. Love the Proclaim argan oil hair mask for once a week. The smell of the proclaim is not the greatest but it is not very strong. If you can get past the scent of it then you will love the results it gives your hair. Sally's sells both products and you can find them on sale frequently.



17. Bath & Body Works Hand Soap: Pumpkin Carmel Latte
- Love these hand soaps. They always make an appearance in my empties time and time again. Just trying to use up my fall scents in soaps as well so I can begin to use the amazing summer scents. 


18. Mango Vera Body Lotion
- Enjoyed this lotion, lasted me for almost a whole year. Huge tub, affordable at Sally's. I prefer this lotion more in the spring and summer months since it is a light lotion.


19. Prevens Paris Makeup Remover wipes
- Hate these wipes, had them in another empties post, these were the last ones I had to get through because I bought them in a deluxe pack from Winners for cheap. The smell stinks, awful, they are moist but they break me out. Something in these wipes does not agree with my skin pH balance. Good ridden.


20. Delon+ Premium cotton rounds
- Love these cotton rounds, they have Aloe and Provitamin B5 in them. They are great to remove eye make up or apply toner. Get these at Costco in a big package. Always will repurchase these.




Well everyone that was my empties for last month. I did finish a bit of stuff, most of it was samples, but I am working on finishing my samples so I can focus more on full sized items.

If you don't follow me on YouTube please go subscribe! MacGirl25Antonietta

Connect with me:

Instagram: @AntoniettaNacc
Twitter: @AntoniettaNacc

Until Next time beauty lovers <3
MacGirl25

















No comments:

Post a Comment