Saturday, May 3, 2014

Spring has Sprung Makeup

Ola beauty lovers! I know it has been a hot minute since I have been to report to you the latest and hottest items. I promise I will be posting some updated posts on what is "in" at the moment. But first let me talk to you about my recent trip to Shoppers Drug Marts Beauty Boutique. They had their spring event, by $75 or more in cosmetics and get 20 times the Shoppers Optimum points! Now if you live here in Canada, you know how big Shoppers Drug Mart is in this country. Shopper Drug Mart is basically the U.S.A Ulta store.

So I couldn't resist. I have a whole bunch of point accumulating that I am saving for a great shopping spree of makeup and skin care, the works!

Anyway, I had an idea what I wanted to pick up today in shop since I have heard some great YouTubers speak about it. The gorgeous Jodi from "Goo Roo Beauty" on YouTube has spoken about the Stila "In the Know" Palette ($50) many times. I have a few products from Stila, some individual eye shadows (Kitten especially), BB creams, Eyeliners, and lip products. But I did not have a palette from them. So I thought about the palette choices they had. Personally the other palette choices they had were so close to palettes I already had in my stash, so I gravitated more towards the "In the Know" palette because, one it is ALL MATTE shades. Two, even though there are a lot of neutrals in this palette that is fine with me, especially since I am a nude/naked type of eyeshadow wearer. Finally three, the gorgeous burnt orange shade in this palette just made me want it even more! So I bought the palette. I am so excited to wear this palette its amazing. It also comes with an amazing stay all day smudge stick waterproof eye liner in the shade "Half moon". A gorgeous dark grey tone liner. It is definately something different that what I already had in my makeup collection, believe it or not. Plus Stila's smudge stick waterproof liners are amazing, once they set the do not move or budge. You will need the jaws of life (AKA a good makeup remover oil) to get this off you. Below I will show you all some swatches I did on these shades so you can see what I am talking about.

#Shoppingproblems

Great pigmentation, blends well, and all Matte shades. Can't go wrong here.

This dark grey liner looks amazing with this palette. Compliments the shades perfectly.

Now, if you think I walked into this store bought the palette and walked out, you are sadly mistaken! Shame on you for thinking I would not leave there without another item. If you have not noticed my blog is a beauty blog lol :)

So what else did I get you may ask me? Well, I have a lip product feddish lately so I ended up picking up the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in the color "Carina" ($29). I have two other shades in this liquid lipstick line, and I was not a huge fan of the drying formula. BUT the color are so pigmented, the longevity is amazing, they do not transfer and they are a matte finish, aka that means semi-LOVE. Here is a picture below on the shade Carina. This product is the perfect lip product on those days you need to put color on your lips and forget about it because you won't have time to re-apply. May I suggest to bring a balm with you though? Also apply a balm under neath before applying this product so that you do not get over drying lippies.

Carina is the amazing coral orange shade that just looks fabulous on me when I have a bronze glow going on. For all you bronze biscuits out there, this color would look amazing on you!


Look at this amazing coral shade. Just loving corals, oranges and pinks this spring and summer.


Here is a picture of moi wearing the amazing lip shade in Carina. I just can not get enough of coral colors this year!

Don't mind the random shadow from my camera #bloggerproblems

That is what I picked up on my shopping trip today, I got to see my lovely ladies who work there at the beauty boutique in Shoppers Drug Mart, so it was nice to see them. Yes they do know me by name, sad I know. I am so excited for my new goodies, please let me know what kind of new products you have been to pick up and are excited to try out! I love hearing from all my readers!



Go checkout and subscribe to my YouTube Channel:  http://www.youtube.com/user/MacGirl25Antonietta 
Connect with me:
Pinterest:  AntoniettaNacc
Luvocracy:  Antonietta Nacc
Twitter:  AntoniettaNacc
Instagram:  AntoniettaNacc
If you are a COMPANY/BUSINESS & wish to contact me to review a product, etc, please do not hesitate to contact me at: MacGirl25Antonietta@yahoo.ca

 

Until next time beauty lovers! xo <3
MacGirl25

No comments:

Post a Comment