Saturday, October 11, 2014

Quick Review: Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free™ Regenerator™ Moisturizing Gel-Cream


Ola beauty lovers! Today's quick review is on the Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free™ Regenerator™ Moisturizing Gel-Cream. Now when I first encountered this product, I must say I was intimidated. I received two deluxe sample sizes to try and at first when I opened the jar, the texture of the product scared me. I honestly thought it was going to be a greasy product and break me out. BUT I did not judge a book by it's cover, and decided to take the plunge and test it out...here are my thoughts.

Texture: very silky, I would say it appears to feel like a primer between the fingers, but it's not a primer. It is a gel based formula so it will apply smoothly to the skin and it its not greasy.

Smell: honestly, very light scent of roses. I didn't mind it at all, was not strong in any way.

Wear-ability: This product has no SPF, so I would suggest to use it as a night time moisturizer. It's thick in consistency and would be beneficial for the colder months to help provide the skin a nice layer of deep moisture. 

Good ingredients: (taken off the Sephora Website) http://www.sephora.com/laser-free-regenerator-moisturizing-gel-cream-P307406?skuId=1407857
-Dragons Blood: A red resin drawn from the Amazon's Croton Lechleri Tree; a native secret that helps reduce the appearance of inflammation and helps accelerate repair.
-Vitamin B3: A multifunctional antiaging ingredient.
-Hexapeptide: Helps to support natural collagen and elastin.
-Dragon Fruit: Helps to improve the appearance of skin luminosity and helps to increase radiance. 
- Also this product is made WITHOUT  Sulfates & Phthalates 

Not so Good Ingredients:  Sifting through the ingredient list on Sephora, I noticed that this product carries FIVE different types of parabens....Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben...YIKES.

Price: As you can see below, this tub is $85 per 1oz. So it's a bit pricey on the high end side of the spectrum.

Where to buy?: I found this product at my Sephora here in Canada. Not sure where else they sell it other then the Peter Thomas Roth website and Sephora. If you don't have a Sephora around, ask your local beauty boutique on where you can find it in store.

Conclusion: Now you know me and my honesty, I never sugar coat things. Overall it is a decent high end moisturizer. If it wasn't so pricey and there weren't as many parabens in the product then I would consider purchasing in full size. The product did even out the texture of my skin. With just two applications I did notice a significant difference, my skin was smoother, a lot nicer to apply make up etc. Which would be the reason I would consider buying it in full size because it WORKED! As I say with all skin care products to my lovely readers. If you are unsure of a product, try to get your hands on a tester or sample size before you commit to the full size. Skin care can become pricey in general, SO always ask for a sample before you dive in to the major commitment. 

That is it for now everyone! 

Until next time beauty lovers <3
MacGirl25

Go checkout and subscribe to my YouTube Channel:  http://www.youtube.com/user/MacGirl25Antonietta 

Connect with me:
 
If you are a COMPANY/BUSINESS & wish to contact me to review a product, etc, please do not hesitate to contact me at: MacGirl25Antonietta@yahoo.ca
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment