Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Mariah Carey OPI liquid sand nailpolish review

Ola beauty lovers! I know the holidays are around the corner so I have been trying to give you all some gift ideas with palettes and makeup products. Today I am going to talk about the latest nail polish gift set from Mariah Carey OPI liquid sand line of nail polish.

This will be a quick review. First off if you know me, I am a nail polish fanatic. I have pretty much every color under the sun. I always do my own nails so I use all my polishes. I change my polish about once every 3 to 4 days. Yes I know excessive but that's what beauty lovers do :)

So this little gift set comes with three mini OPI glitter nail polish shades. There is a champagne nude, a Rosy gold and a taupe purple.

I have only tried out two out of the three colors, but I love these little guys. No one needs a full bottle of polish. I do not see any beauty guru on YouTube showing empty bottles of nail polish in any of their beauty empty videos. You can probably get away with wearing one mini bottle 3 or 4 times, possible 5 times depending how thick you make your coats and really thats all you need to use one nail polish because we always get caught up with new colors all the time.

These shades are gorgeous for this holiday time of year. With a good base coat they do last a good few days on the nails. Now you may ask, well it's glitter so it must be hard to remove afterward....and the response to that is nope, it is not hard to remove at all. Compared to other glitters this line is very easy to remove.

To remove this polish this is what you do:
1. soak your cotton pad in acetone nail polish remover
2. wrap it around your nail and press on the top of the nail with the cotton pad so the remover soaks into the polish.
3. count to 15 seconds and rub the pad around to remove the loosened glitter.
4. wipe your nail clean and move on to the next nail.

This gift set of 3 costs $9.99 at the local beauty supply store. It's a great gift for women and girls who love to paint their nails or who enjoy beauty products period. The colors are very pigmented and you only need a max of 2 coats of polish on your nails with this line. You can get away with one coat but I am a two coat kinda girl :) The finish of the polish is a sand texture hence the name "liquid sand" but it is not a rough texture, it does not scratch the skin if you were to rub the top of your nails on your skin.

Below I have a couple of swatches and images of the product itself.

Until next time beauty lovers!
MacGirl25

This color is the gorgeous purple taupe

This color is the beautiful nude champagne 




No comments:

Post a Comment