Friday, October 18, 2013

Mid October Beauty Empties 2013

Hello everyone. I hope y'all are having a good week. I haven't been feeling too well this week with my vertigo so I have been taking it easy on the blogging. I just filled a box of beauty empties for mid October and decided to come and share with you what I finished and my thoughts on these products.

1. Beauty Secrets Acetone: Nail Polish Remover
- Everyone who knows me, knows that I change my nail polish every 3 to 4 days. So I go through a lot of nail polish remover. I like this formula because it have wheat protein and vitamin E in it so it doesn't completely dry out my cuticles. You can get this brand at Sally's Beauty Supply. The bottle sizes range and the price ranges depending on the bottle size, but this line is affordable.



2. Dove Dry Shampoo
- Everyone and their mother talks about this shampoo. So I decided to go test out this product that everyone is raving about. The only good thing I can say about this dry shampoo is, it does not leave that white residue on your scalp or hair when you apply it. Does it actually soak up the natural oils in your hair to lengthen the amount of shampoo times....No. That's right, I am disagreeing with the majority of people who love this stuff. It does nothing for my hair, and my hair gets really dry at the ends and very oily at the scalp over a few days. I ended up going back to my Tresemme dry shampoo because that one actually helped out my hair a bit. Not to mention that the Dove dry shampoo seemed like you had to use so much of it that you would run out of the stuff so quickly. Not cool. Still on the hunt for a good dry shampoo.



3. Mane N' Tail Color Protect Conditioner
- I finished the shampoo from this set a while back. I always go through shampoo quicker then conditioner. It doesn't help that I really did not like this conditioner. I mean it's an average drug store conditioner, but I am looking for something more moisturizing since my hair is always being blow dried or flat ironed. Gotta make sure I put back that moisture. You can find this at Sally's Beauty Supply for $6-$8. Wal-Mart carries it as well. I preferably love the shampoo. The conditioner can take a number because it's not on the top of my list.



4. MAC Select Cover up Concealer
- I started using this concealer back in high school. It is great for young women who are starting out in make up. This concealer is a bit sheer on the first application. For a more full coverage you would need to apply 2 coats under the eyes. But for those of you ladies and gents who are over the age of 20, please be sure to apply an under eye moisturizer before applying this concealer because this formula tends to accentuate fine lines when you do not moisturize before hand. I learned that the hard way. I love this stuff though. I already had a back up ready to use once I finished this one. But as you all know I am a MAC lover. My shade in this one is NW25 and my skin tone is an olive complexion so it works well with me. Once you apply this concealer under the eyes make sure you set it with a powder, I use the Ben Nye Banana powder works awesome!



5. Silk Elements Olive Conditioner Packet
- I have a few of these individual packets of the olive conditioner. I love this stuff. The packets are cheap at Sally's Beauty Supply. Usually they go on sale for $0.99. This conditioner leaves my hair silky and smooth. Most of all it keeps my hair hydrated and smells great. It does not leave my hair greasy which is an ultimate bonus. They sell this in a bigger bottle as well, but I love these packets because you can take these any where especially if you travel a lot, or go on road trips etc.




6. NeoStrata Night Repair Cream (Sample size)
- I will not waste my time or your time on this thing. I got it in a sample size and was disgusted with it. Applying this night repair cream was gross. It honestly smelled like the Nair hair removal cream. YUCK! Save your money folks and find another product that would work and smell better. But just know the NeoStrata moisturizing face cream is different than this sample here. and the Moisturizing face cream is very good, go check out my last current favorites as this baby is in that article.




7. St.Ives Facial Cleansing towelettes
- I used love these face cleansing wipes. But over the years I notice that these make up removing wipes are not as moist as they once was. I don't know if it's just me or my mind is playing tricks on me but these make up removing wipes are not that great. Not to mention they are expensive $7-$8 for a pack of 32 cloths. You can find companies that have their make up removing wipes 100 times more moistened that these for half the price and they do the job. I doubt I will get these again unless there is a big sale...highly unlikely.



8. Cinnamon Bun Candle from the Dollar Store
- This is my second cinnamon bun candle I finished burning in a span of a month. I found this candle at the local dollar store for a buck! How great is that? This is a great alternative to the Bath and Body Works Candles for those of you who do not want to spend that kind of crazy money on a candle. Love this candle line and will be back to purchase more. The scent when it burns fills the room just like a Bath and Body Works Candle, the only difference is once the candle is out, the scent of the dollar store one does not last as long in the house as the Bath and Body Works one does. But hey for a buck you can't complain.



9. One 'n Only Argan Oil Hair Color Cream Developer in 20 Volume
- I started using this brand about 5 months ago, and I do not think I will go back to coloring my hair with any other coloring line. This brand is amazing. It is made in Italy which is up my ally being Italian and all, has argan oil infused in all their products including their color formulas, and its cheaper the price than to go to the hair salon to get it done.  The cream developer leave my hair feeling so hydrates and moisturized after coloring my hair. I feel like I nourished my hair instead of damaging it. Amazing!




10. Evian Facial Spray
- Finally finished this second facial spray I had from a pack of two. I got these at Sephora for $15. Such a waste of money. I can make my own facial spray at home with a mini bottle and some distilled water for a fraction of the cost. Won't be purchasing this again.




11. Maybelline The Falsies volume express mascara in black
- Love this mascara. It is affordable $5-$7 depending on where you find it, and it lengthens and volumizes just like it says. This mascara really does make it look like you are wearing false lashes! Love it! The brush is a fibre brush with a bit of a curve to it and works wonders on the lashes. The formula is not flaky and applies very nicely. It does not transfer to the under eye, however its not waterproof so don't cry and then expect the mascara not to run.




12. Clinique pore refining solutions correcting serum (sample size)
- This product for the amount I was able to test out from the sample was not the best. It kept me matte for a few hours however I was breaking through some oils later on in the day. It also did not refine my pores as it claims to do. My pores were just as large as they normally are. Not something I would repurchase in a full size.





13. Mario Badescu Cucumber cleansing lotion (sample size)
- I enjoyed using this product as a toner after I cleansed my face. I wouldn't say it was a lotion of any sort. The formula was more like a toner type of product. It was very cooling to the face after I washed it, it did not sting which was pleasant, and it did pick up any extra make up that my cleanser may have missed, which was not much. I am interested to know the price of a full size of this product. However I am not too sure where Mario Badescu products are sold in Canada. If any of you know please leave a comment down below.




14. J R Watkins Hand Cream in Lavender scent (sample size)
- I really enjoyed this hand cream from JR Watkins. It was not greasy. The lavender scent really helped me relax at night, which was when I used this hand cream. I would be interested to know where they sell JR Watkins products in Canada as I have not seen them around before. If any of you know where I can find full size products of theirs leave your comments down below. Very moisturizing hand cream. Loved it.



15. Bath & Body Works Mini Candle in Leaves scent
- I love Bath & Body Works candles. They are so luxurious and enjoyable as most of you may already know since they are the talk of each changing season. I bought two of these mini candles when they were on sale. They were going for 2 for $5. I couldn't pass it up. I bought Leaves and Pumpkin Caramel Latte. I gave the pumpkin caramel latte to my niece to take home since she loved the scent and she is obsessed with Starbucks. I kept Leaves and burned it to the bottom. Leaves is such a refreshing scent and makes your room feel like fall time. The mini candles do not last as long as the bigger candles do. The mini candle lasted for me for a good 5 hours to 6 hours of burning. But really that's all you need to burn a candle for unless you really are not going out anywhere and leave it burning longer.




16. Dead Sea face spa mask
- I love these at home facial masks. They are my favorite thing to do on a Friday night or Saturday when I just want to chill out and relax with a book. Love them! They are very affordable $2-$3 at Wal Mart! You can pick any type of facial mask as they do have a selection to choose from.

Well that is it for my Mid October beauty empties. I hope you all enjoy reading these type of entries.
Let me know what you have finished up lately and if you liked it or not! :)

Until Next Time Beauty Lovers❤️ 
MacGirl25
















No comments:

Post a Comment