Saturday, October 12, 2013

Tea Tree Oil: beauty tips and tricks

Ola beauty lovers. I hope you all are having a great weekend. It's a long weekend here in Canada for thanksgiving  so I have lots of eating to do over the next few days. 

I wanted to talk to you quickly about a simple ingredient that many of you already know about but some of you may not know about. That is Tea Tree oil. 

This oil can be used for multiple purposes which makes it great for your house hold and affordable as well. 

Here are just a few things you can use tea tree oil for, to give you an idea of how multi purpose it can be : 
1. Tea tree oil is a great remedy for acne spotting treatment. Using a Qtip dip the Qtip in the oil and dab it gently on the affected break outs on your face or body. This oil will dry up the pimples and deminish the redness. 

2. Tea tree oil is great to use as a toner after you cleanse your face. Take some distilled water, pour it into a small spray bottle and add a few drops of tea tree oil and shake it up. There you have your own home made toner for your face at a cheap alternative :)

3. Tea tree oil also used as an antiseptic for cuts/scrapes, hang nails, and any type of minor skin reaction you may come across. I have ingrown toe nails and when they flare up I use tea tree oil to help ensure my nails do not get infected. Also when I go for pedicures, after I come home from the spa I put some tea tree oil on my toes to ensure I don't get any infections. You just never know how spas keep thier tools clean. I always say I'd rather be safe then sorry. 

4. Tea tree oil can also be used on your hair. When I feel like I need to add a stimulant to my scalp I add a few drops of tea tree oil to my shampoo to get rid of access oils and build up and to stimulate the scalp for better hair growth. Tea tree also is great to keep away lice for those of you with kids in school. Put a fee drops in their shampoo once a week and those little critters should keep thier distance from your kids heads :)

5. Tea tree oil is a disinfectant for non body related items as well. I had tee trea oil in a medium spray bottle and I spray this all over my bed sheets, pillows, carpets, couches etc. This oil is a cleaning disinfectant which works great for those cleaning fanatics. 

A small bottle of tea trea oil is around $8-$12 each. Which is pretty good for it being a multi purposes product. Keep in mind that this is an essential oil therefore when you use it remember a little goes a long way. 
You can find tea tree oil at any drug store or natural food store. Make sure it says 100% pure tea tree oil on the bottle. 

Hope you guys enjoyed this entry
Thanks all for reading!
Until next time beauty lovers ❤️
MacGirl25 

2 comments: