Saturday, October 5, 2013

September Beauty Empties 2013

Ola Beauty lovers! I am back again with another Beauty Empties for September 2013. I can not believe how the time is flying. These so called beauty empties give me a chance to finish the beauty products in full to give some sort of opinion on them based on my experiences with them. Hope you enjoy! Lets jump right in.

1.  Q-tips are a staple for my make up/beauty routine. I use Q-tips for precision work on the eyes, clean up around the lips, and clean up around my finger nails when I make minor mistakes in applying my nail polish. This was a 400 pack which lasted me a long time, you can get them at any drug store or even the dollar store carries them as well for even cheaper.



2. Soft soap Body Butter body wash in indulgent chocolate was amazing. I found this at the dollar store for 2 bucks and I had to try it out. The smell is unbelievable, and the moisture it adds to your skin is good. For 2 bucks you can't go wrong with this one. 

3. L'Oreal go 360 Clean Anti Breakout  Facial Cleanser was awesome. This product came with a rubber scrub you can use to exfoliate and remove all the dirt. It was great. I will definitely get this one again. I am trying the other L'Oreal cleansers at the moment from the same line so once I am done those I will be re purchasing this again. It kept my acne at bay and under control. I got these at Winners for like $6, normally they go for around $15 so that is a great bargain. They have other types of cleansers for different types of skin in case you want to try out another one instead of the anti breakout one.

4. Bath and Body Works hand soap in eucalyptus and mint was enjoyable. I go through hand soaps a lot so you will most likely see a new scent of hand soap in my empties pretty much almost every month. It is just the way it is doll face. Gotta keep those nasty germs away.

5. L'Oreal Arginine resist treatment was pretty decent for a drug store brand of hair strengthener. I used this after I shampoo and before I condition, this stuff would keep my hair fall out under control and keep those fly away hairs out of sight. I actually have changed up my hair care routine, so if you fellow readers would like to see that please feel free to leave me a comment below and let me know. Anyway this stuff did the job, very affordable as well, you can get this at your local drug store.

6. Nexxus Humectress Luxe leave in conditioner was a very good leave in conditioner for the summer time. This stuff is pretty expensive, like $18 a bottle at the drug store, but it does the job. This leave in conditioner is very light weight, non greasy, and it DE-tangles your hair as well, which is a bonus. If you are willing to splurge on this baby check it out. I know some women have issues with getting knots out of their hair after they shower so this could be the answer to your problems :)

7. Cinnamon Bun Candle was the best way to start off my candle burning for the fall season. I actually found this candle at the dollar store for a buck! It lasts a long time, and the scent is great. Can't go wrong with alternative candles that are cheaper then your average Bath and Body work candle. Don't get me wrong, those BBW candles are amazing I have some myself, but it just burns me to use them since they are so pricey.

8. Secret la la la Lavender deodorant is my ultimate favorite antiperspirant ever. It is the clear formulate so no white residue is left on your clothes which is awesome. You can get this at any drug store, I usually find mine on sale for 3 bucks because regular they go between $4-$5.

9. L'Oreal Gentile Eye makeup Remover is my favorite eye make up remover ever. I had one of these in last months empties and this shows you how much I love this stuff. Yes it is pricey, they increased the price to this product from $9 to $14! Brutal I know but I try to keep an eye out for it to go on sale and that is when I snatch up a couple for back ups. This formula is non greasy, takes off any waterproof make up you have, and leaves your skin feeling hydrated and not dry. I actually saw lately at the store that they have changed the packaging so it has a bit of a different more square packaging to it. 

10. Silk Elements Olive Oil Conditioner is my favorite conditioner to use every so often to bring my hair back a little bit of moisture it needs. They have these in the big bottles but I find these individual packages more convenient for me, and these are usually on sale for 99cents at Sally's beauty supply. 

11. Creamy Coconut milk shower gel was a tiny size product I had in a set that was given to me a long time ago. Since it was sample September I tried to use up my mini size products as best as I could. This was one of them. This product came from the body shop, and it smelled great but I doubt I'll purchase this in full size. It didn't really moisturize as much as I wanted it to. I don't even know if this product is still available.

12. La Roche Posay Purifying foaming gel was a gentile facial cleanser I used in the shower. This was very light weight and not harsh on the skin at all. Although I don't think I would use this to take off my regular make up as it didn't seem strong enough for that. This type of cleanser is good for when you don't have make up on, but you want to cleanse your face from the natural oil build up over night. It was alright, just not something I would purchase in full size.

13. Biotherm anti drying body milk with citrus extracts was by far a very enjoyable body lotion. The smell was amazing, smelled like I was applying oranges to my skin. The hydration was great, non greasy formula was nice to apply to the skin. I am not sure what a full size of this baby costs but once I am done my other body lotions I will look into getting this little guy in full size.

14. Glam Glow Facial Mud Mask was enjoyable. This was a sample I received from a Sephora purchase I made a while back. The mask was made to tingle a bit which was fine for me, I know some people don't like that. The mask removed all my excess oils and left my skin feeling exfoliated and fresh. I know this brand is very expensive so I doubt I will purchase this in full size in the near future but we will see.

15. Bach Rescue Remedy is my go to natural stress reliever. Put a couple drops of this in your water before drinking your water, and I am telling you that you're stress levels will melt away. I can not go anywhere without carrying this in my purse just in case. This formula is a mix of floral oils that creates a calming effect when you take it. You can find this at any natural food path store and believe it or not even some Shoppers Drug Marts in Canada also carry it. A tiny bottle like this goes for about $14.

16. Bioderma tightening pore cream was ok. I mean it kept me matte for a couple hours but those oils still broke through after a couple of hours. I wouldn't waste my money on a full size of this since I know there are better products out there. This was another sample I got with a purchase, can not remember what though. Oh and P.s. The smell sucked.

17. Another Bioderma facial cream that I just was not impressed with. This is another sample size. The smell sucked and this one made me feel greasier then before I applied it. Not my cup of tea.

18. La Roche Posay Redermic C serum was awful. This stuff smelled horribly, and it made my skin so oily I felt like an oil slick instead of my skin being hydrated. This was another sample size that I will not be purchasing in full size at all.

19. Fe-breeze Hawaiian candle was my favorite summer time scent this year. I burned this candle on and off for a few months. This scent is strong so you don't need to burn it for long periods of time. I enjoyed it, Wal -Mart carries these for about $4.

Well Ladies and Gents that is it for my September Beauty Empties. If you want to check these out on my YouTube Channel please go check me out at MacGirl25Antonietta. Hope you all enjoyed this mini review, and thank you all so much for reading.

Until Next Time Beauty Lovers❤️
MacGirl25

No comments:

Post a Comment