Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Olay Fresh Effects System Review

Ola beauty lovers, I wanted to let you all know my thoughts on the Olay Fresh Effects cleansing system that I have seen out in stores for a while now. I hope you all are ready for the holidays, I know I am. I plan on doing some more blog posts and a couple videos as well so keep an eye out over the next few days.

Anyways, I passed this fresh effects system in the store plenty of times and I was curious to see how great it was. The set comes with the shine minimizer cleanser, a battery operated brush to "exfoliate" which the bristles are made of a thick rubber, and a large size of the exfoliating cleanser. All this was around $17.99 on sale! Retail regular price was around $24.99. A little bit pricey for my liking.

So I tried out the shine minimizer cleanser, and it spooked me out a bit at first because when you squeeze it out of the tube it looks silver grey. I was so afraid to put that on my face. Now if it was a gold then I would have no issues placing it on my face, who would? :)

I did apply it to the brush gadget that it came with and used it with the brush but I was not too thrilled of the brush it comes with. I don't feel like its cleansing my skin at all, it feels as if the brush is just moving around the cleanser without lifting the dirt out of your pores.

Now I know comparing that brush to the Clarisonic is a no brainer. Clarisonic wins hands down. However, this little set would be perfect for those tween and teenagers who don't want to spend the extra money or can't afford to spend the money on a Clarisonic. As for mature skin, this cleanser brush does not cut it.

As for the actual pore cleanser it self, it is fairly decent. I must say using the pore minimizer without the rubber brush gadget was pleasant, or even using the cleanser with your Clarisonic is great too.

The exfoliating cleanser on the other hand was a disappointment. When I see "exfoliate" in the name of a product/cleanser, I would expect that means there are decent exfoliating beads in the cleanser to exfoliate the skin. My favorite face exfoliate is the St.Ives Apricot scrub. The exfoliation in that cleanser is amazing and affordable. This "exfoliating" cleanser however wasn't exfoliating at all. The cleanser is a creamy consistency with no exfoliating beads or scrubs ingredients that I could feel when I apply it to my face. Basically it just felt like a normal cleanser. So as  an exfoliating cleanser it sucked, BUT as a regular cleanser it was good. Did the job to remove the dirt after I took off the majority of my make up with a wipe.

I have to say for $24.99 retail price, I think is a little steep for these products. They did not wow me any differently then an average facial cleanser. The rubber brush is useless to me, I mean you can attempt to use it on your body instead of the face but there is not much to it really. The bristles are too thick and doesn't really get into your pores to remove all the left over dirt.

Would I repurchase these items? Nope. I love better and more affordable cleansers out there that I know I will be much happier with for my mature skin. However this kit would be a great starter for a tween and teenager who is just starting out on taking care of their skin and doesn't wear as much make up.


Until next time beauty lovers! <3
MacGirl25
Happy Holidays!





No comments:

Post a Comment