Sunday, December 22, 2013

December Beauty Empties 2013

It is that time of the month where I show you what is in my garbage bin other wise know as my December beauty empties. This month I have a bit if stuff since I didn't do a mid December empties. So let's just jump in and take it from there. 


1. Delon cotton rounds
- if you read my blog you have seen me bring these up time and time again. Love these cotton rounds and I purchase them at Costco for a big pack for $10. Will always re purchase these.


2. Preven's Paris facial makeup wipes 
- I bought these at winners in bulk three packs for $7. Never tried them before but I figured for the price can't go wrong. Well was I half wrong. They take off makeup with no issues, the clothes are moist. However the smell of these cloths are horrendous. I had already finished two packages so I will finish the third one and never purchase these again. When something doesn't smell right to me it just throws me right off and I don't enjoy using the product any more. Definitely not a re purchase for me. 




3. Balea face masks
- love these masks. I use them all the time, very affordable at your local drug store. Definitely a re purchase and if you read my blog you know I have used these frequent in the past. 



4. Proclaim intensive hair mask with keratin
- tested out this hair mask and it was nice. I enjoyed it, if it didn't have keratin in it I would use it everyday as a regular conditioner but since it has keratin then you need to be careful that you don't over deposit keratin in your hair because that can cause breakage. Too much keratin causes your hair to become weighed down. Therefore causing breakage on your hair shaft. Don't believe me go look it up.




5. MJ face masks
- I have also used these masks in the past. Love these as much as the Balea brand. Affordable and easy at home process . Can't go wrong for those who are on a budget but still want to pamper themselves. They come in different scents and types for different skin typed or needs. Always a re purchase.






6. Biore pore strips
- I used these strips occasionally to remove and tough black heads that my clarisonic wasn't able to remove. A pack of 8 lasts me a few months because I don't use these often. They are a bit pricey around $11 for a pack of 8. Even though they are pricey a pack of 8 are expensive the do last a few months for me. 



7. Elf brush shampoo 
- this is a great alternative to your makeup brush cleansing routine. It's cheap, around $3 and a little goes a long way. Making it last longer. I don't have a local elf counter near me, so I won't be repurchasing this anytime soon. But if it pops up at my local TJ max store then I will be picking it up.if you have elf access locally go check out this brush shampoo. I love how it cleansed and conditions the brushes in one step.



8. Neo strata micelles cleanser (sample size)
- I had another sample size if this last month and loved it. I still enjoy it to cleanse off makeup but full size is a bit pricey $30-$40. So unless I get a gift certificate or more samples I don't think I will be purchasing this product in full size. Good product though. Loved it while it lasted.


9. Enjoy professionals luxury shampoo and conditioner 
- got these sample sizes if shampoo and conditioner from a long time girlfriend of mine. She is a purchase rep at a chain of hair salons and spas. She sent me some goodies to try and review and I am on the fence with these babies. The shampoo claims to be sulfate free however on the back ingredients it does advertise that there are sodium sulfinate products in the shampoo which doesn't make it completely sulfate free. The shampoo didn't do much and I find that it didn't leave my hair clean at all. The conditioner on the other hand I love! The conditioner is so packed with moisture that when you apply it to the ends it makes your hair feel rejuvenated back to life. Both products smell like coconuts but I prefer the conditioner over the shampoo. These products you can get at your beauty supply or your hair salon depending on which hair salon carries the brand.




10. Seche vite nail top coat
- love this top coat. Fast drying, and gives a glossy finish. The only down fall is that this top coat dries out quick. By the time it gets three quarters empty the product is gooey and hard to apply which causes bubbles. So then it's a throw out product by then but still worth the first three quarter full.




11. St.Ives fresh skin apricot scrub
- love this face scrub. My ultimate favourite scrub from the drug store. It doesn't break me out, keeps my skin hydrated and gets rid off all the unwanted dead skin especially in the colder months. Very affordable you can't go wrong. 



12. Urban Decay Naked Skin BB cream
- I did a full review on this baby a few month ago, go check it out. I love this BB cream, it blurs imperfections and adjusts to your skin tone. It is on the high end side but so worth it. Will repurchase once I try a few more BB creams to report to you all :) 




13. Smash box photo finish foundation primer (sample)
- loved this sample works just as good as the famous Benifit porefessional. I will be picking this up in full size for sure once I finish some of my other primers. It is a high end primer so it lands in the $50 range in case you want to try it, I suggest you grab a sample first before you make that big of a commitment.


14. Michael Todd samples
-  I tried the hydration boost serum and citruct cream from the Michael Todd line and I really enjoyed them. The serum was a bit greasy at first but nice my skin soaked it in my face felt amazing. The citric cream was a good face cream for the morning. Loved both, and will consider buying the full size in the future when I need a face cream. I am trying to worth through a few other creams before then.


15. Nivea pure and natural mint and minerals lip balm
- this has been in my favourites plenty of times this last couple months. Loved this balm at night time, it is very hydrating and light at the same time. Repurchased already :) 


16. Bath & Body Works candles
- yes these candles are pricey and that's why I get them when they are two for $20. Love the fall scents and I can't wait for the summer scents to come out! These candles are always a repurchase for me as they set a more relaxing mood in my room. 







That is it for my December empties. I hope you enjoyed.

Have a safe and happy holiday everyone, thank you all for following my blog. It means so much to me that you all have the same interests as I do!

Until next times beauty lovers
MacGirl25❤️





No comments:

Post a Comment