Thursday, June 6, 2013

Crest 2 hour Whitening Kit

With summer here and the season is to wear bright lip colors I decided to take a shot at whitening my teeth with the crest 2 hr whitening kit back in the early May time frame. I've used crest whitening strips before but never the 2hr kit. 
After 2 days of testing them out here is what I must must share with you as a consumer. 

First off this kit was $70 for 4 sheets, each sheet has a top and bottom. Second after the first use I did in fact notice a difference in how white my teeth were. BUT here is where it gets tricky, at the time of my second use on the second day my teeth were so sensitive! My bottom teeth has the little wire you get after you have braces on the back and because this formula is so unbelievably strong it made my teeth feel like I was chewing on a piece of tin foil while the strips were on my teeth! 
So I stopped usage right away. Waited a few weeks to get my enamel back to normal then I tried doing the strips again but instead of 2hours every day I only use 1 sheet once every few weeks to boost the whitening shade a bit. This way I don't feel that awkward chewing tin foil pain and my teeth enamel is saved. 

I normally use the Crest 5minute teeth whitening strips since they are cheaper i think around $35 and you get 40+ sheets in a pack! I think once I finish my 2 hr ones I will be heading back to my 5 min ones again. Definitely not worth $70 to feel awkward pain or discomfort!

If you have any suggestions on good teeth whiteners please do leave me a comment below I would love to try it out. :) 

Until next time beauty lovers ❤

MacGirl25 


1 comment:

  1. I had the same feeling when I tried them. I didn't use the 2 hour one.. Mine was like a few minute one. I wore them while I quickly showered to pass the time quicker.. and easier to spit since you should swallow your saliva.

    ReplyDelete