Saturday, June 29, 2013

My Channel Perfection Lumiere experience

I have been seeing a few people on YouTube use the Channel Perfection Lumiere Foundation. One of My favorite YouTube beauty goo roos Camila Coelho or other wise known as "MakeupbyCamila" uses this foundation in 90 percent of her tutorials. So I got curious and I wanted to know for myself on the quality of this foundation. First of all it wasn't easy to find a Channel Makeup counter. I managed to track one down 30 minutes away from me and decided to drop in for a visit. On the Channel website it shows you all kinds of shades but some are named the same name with a different number on them. So with the confusion that gave me, I thought lets go visit a Channel counter and see how it goes. 

So here I am strolling into the store and find the Channel counter. There were two makeup artists at this counter. One was assisting another customer and there was this elderly lady (I think she was old enough to be my grandmother) who was the sweetest person to me. She asked if she could help and I told her what I was interested in trying. So she said ok let's color match you so we don't let you walk out of hear looking like your wearing clown make up. LOL. She was a sweetheart. She was very good with her eye and picked 2 different shades for me to try. So one side of my face she applied one shade and the other side of my face the other shade. I swear to you that was the most pleasant makeup color matching I have ever done. After she applied both shades she made me stand in different light of the store so I could see for myself on what shade I would prefer.

Once I made my decision she took off the shade I didn't like and applied the foundation  to my full face with the shade I liked so that I did not walk out of the store with 2 different shades of foundation on my face. 

Once I paid for my foundation (Which was $55 plus tax) she asked me if I wanted to start a client card with them so when I return for another foundation down the road we would know what I have tried. I agreed and filled out a client card. At that time she gave me a $10 coupon for my next purchase on a Channel product. 

I left that store so relaxed and excited about my new foundation, that I can not describe how enjoyable that visit was.

Now I know you are wondering "OMG $55 for a foundation!" BUT let me tell you this foundation applies to your skin like butter. It gives you a flawless finish. This foundation is medium to full coverage and is very build-able. The packaging is beautiful in a classical bottle with a pump. Which is a bonus because I can't stand foundations in bottles without pumps or you have to tip over to get the product out on beauty blender. It just makes a mess that way which is why I love a pump or in a squeeze tube like my MAC studio sculpt. 

Wearing this Channel foundation feels weightless. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing any foundation at all. I even caught myself looking in the mirror throughout my afternoon checking to see if I had make up on! Fabulous! 

If you are interested in trying out this foundation you can visit your local Channel makeup counter or check out the website below.


Until next time beauty lovers ❤💋
MacGirl25



No comments:

Post a Comment