Sunday, June 2, 2013

Cuticle cream comparison

I hear a lot about the different types of cuticle cream one can use. The top 2 I hear most about are the Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream & the Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter. 

Now I have tried both and here is what I think. The Burt's Bees has an amazing aroma of lemon. Makes you think of a fresh lemon pie or sweet lemonade. The texture of Burt's bees is oily with a side of rough grittiness. Not to fond of the grittiness but this would be good as a night time treatment.

The Lush Lemon Flutter cuticle butter is more usable during the day. Less oily and very smooth but the smell is definitely not one of a lemon pie or sweet lemonade. If you take a look at the ingredients on this product you'll notice there is more natural oils in it then just lemon oil which is why the smell is a bit off. Nonetheless it is still a good cuticle cream for day time especially if you work with papers all day. 

The Burt's bees packaging is fairly smaller then Lush. Burt's bees usually sells for $6 for about 0.60oz at Wal Mart. Where as Lush sells around $16 for about 45grams at your local Lush store. However you do get almost 3 times the product from lush than Burt's bees. 

Personally I like both of them. It's really up to you to decide which one you want to try as a consumer and which one you would get most use out of your hard earned money. 

Leave a comment below if you tried both and which one you prefer! I would love to hear your thoughts :) 

Until next time beauty lovers ❤

-MacGirl25 


1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried either but I'm tempted to try the Burt's Bee one. I'm currently using a Salky Hanson cuticle oil & it's meh...

    ReplyDelete