Thursday, June 20, 2013

CURRENT EMPTIES! June 2013

So I seriously have A LOT of make up products, hair products, and over all beauty products in general. So I am now trying to plow through a lot of the products I have to finish them that way I can go out and purchase some more!

Over the last few weeks I have managed to empty out a good portion of my products. So lets just dive in on these items, and I will tell you which ones I enjoyed and which ones I didn't enjoy as much. YES Ladies and Gents, I am keeping this review RAW as I always do. Inspired by my YouTube girl WhatWouldLizzyDo :)

Note: I purchased these items with my own dollar bills in case anyone is wondering. I am not affiliated with any company I mention in my list of used products.

1. Crest 3D Whites Strips Advances Seal (2hr sessions)
  • I did a review on these not too long ago (go check out my previous articles). I didn't like the feeling and sensitivity it left on my teeth since it was a stronger session then I am used to. I did like the shade of white it brought my teeth to though. But since this is a pricey kit, I wont be purchasing the 2 HR sessions again.



2. St. Ives Naturally Clear cleansing cloths with Witch Hazel
  • Love these make up removing cloths. They are a bit pricey for my liking. But when they are on sale I try to grab a couple because I enjoy these cloths so much. They leave your face fresh and with that clean feeling. Plus the witch hazel works as a toner to minimize an over flow of acne.  Definitely would re purchase again once they go on sale. PS. I think the package only comes with 24 cloths for like 7 bucks...YIKES!





3. Vaseline Original Petroleum Jelly
  • This container was HUGE! I purchased this Vaseline last summer. I use this stuff for minimizing my stretch marks I get on my thighs or butt area. (No I don't have kids, I'm European so my body is a bit curvy). Any ways, love this stuff! Its pretty cheap, you can get a big tub at Wal Mart for like 4 bucks and it will last you pretty much all year. I normally use it just after the shower. Re-purchase it is!


4. Weight Smart Women's One a day multi vitamins with green tea extract
  • Love these multi vitamins! They keep me topped up on the nutrients I may lack on days when I don't eat a balanced meal. Already re purchased too :)


5. Gravol Multi Symptom Natural with Ginger and Willow Bark
  • There are days where my vertigo is not behaving itself, and there are days where I just feel nauseous (No I am not preggo). This product is the best natural remedy one can use to help them with dizziness and nausea. I'm not the only one who uses it, my boyfriend also uses it as well. Which is why we run out of it so fast. On my list of Re Purchase items!



6. L'oreal Ever Pure Sulfate free Shampoo in "Rosemary and Juniper"
  • This has been a Shampoo I see myself going back to every now and then. I love the scent, it does the job of a shampoo and its affordable. I'm the type of girl who rotates shampoos so my hair doesn't get used to just one. So after a couple of different shampoo rounds I will definitely make my way back to this one.


7. St. Ives Fresh Skin apricot scrub
  • This is my favorite facial scrub. Love the fresh clean feeling it gives you when you use it. The scrub itself are medium chunks of wall nut shells which actually feel as if they are exfoliating your face. Some scrubs don't even feel like they are getting the job done. I will definitely re purchase this in the future again. I still need to get through all the rest of my scrubs first. :)



8. Nivea Aqua effect nourishing day care facial moisturizer
  • I got this facial moisturizer in a Christmas Gift Box I bought on sale on Boxing day. After using the whole bottle, which wasn't too big thank god, I came to the conclusion that I will not repurchase this. The moisturizer left me really oily, and when I used it just at night, I still could not believe the amount of oil my skin was still producing over night, which is not normal for me when I do not use this product. So I finally used it up and will not be buying it again.


9. Nioxin Scalp Therapy #4 Conditioner
  • Love Love LOVE this conditioner! Nioxin products contain peppermint in their formulas which make using their items that much more amazing! This conditioner was not heavy at all and with that hint of peppermint it just made my hair smell and feel like it was hydrated and shiny. Re purchase is in order once I finish all my other conditioners.


10. Lancome Bi Facial Eye Makeup remover
  • This eye make up remover is AMAZING, But expensive. I had a travel size which I enjoy because I can take it with in my make up bag. But in all honesty I am not willing to spend 30 bucks on a makeup remover. Especially when I know there are other good ones out there that are A LOT LESS expensive.

11. Bach Rescue Remedy
  • I have been under a lot of stress with work. The only thing that keeps me from not having a nervous break down is this Rescue Remedy. You can get it at your local natural path food store, and it ranged between $9-$15 depending on the size of the bottle you get. You put a few drops in your water or on your tongue and with in a few minutes your anxiety has mellowed out. NO THIS DOES NOT GET YOU HIGH so do not even go there!



12. Delon+ Premium Cotton Rounds
  • These are by far my favorite cotton pads to remove any make up on my face. I get a back of 15 at Costco for like $18 and they usually last me a few months. They are made with 100 percent cotton and has Aloe Vera and vitamin E inside the pads, so they don't irritate your face. Perfection.





13. Marcelle essentials gentle make up remover
  • I wear make up every day, so make up remover is a clear essential for me. Marcelle Makeup remover is a cheaper option to that Lancome brand I mentioned above, and Marcelle makeup remover is very good. You can by 2 bottle combo pack for $12 at Wal Mart, instead of spending $12 for one bottle everywhere else. Just a shopping tip for you ladies and gents :)

14. Nivea gentle Toner
  • This Toner came in my Christmas Gift box I purchased on Sale. Not thrilled with this toner, it did not seem to work for my skin. I basically just felt as if I would putting water on my face. Not a re purchase for me.




15. Evian facial spray
  • I mentioned this product in my last favorites article. Love the spray, but its a bit pricey at Sephora. I could re imitate the spray at home using a dollar store mini spray bottle and pour fresh cold water in it. If I was a millionaire then I would get it again, because I didn't have an issue with the product. I just have an issue with the Price ($15 for a combo pack at Sephora)....YA.


16. Marcelle Eyeshadow in "Naked Truth"
  • Loved this eye shadow. it was a perfect nude shade for me to wear every day at the office for work. This was my second container I finished. Unfortunately Marcelle discontinued this shadow so I must go on looking for another one similar :(



17. Scented Candle in Lavender
  • I adore burning candles. They relax me. They make me feel at peace. I finished this candle a few days ago and they are not expensive at all. I get them at the dollar store for $1.25 as you can see in the photo :P I love the expensive candles too, but I don't always go to Bath and Body works so I make do with what is around me until I make the trip.

18. Lush Cupcake fresh face mask
  • All the Lush representatives tell me that this mask if for teenagers mostly. But at this time of year, I am an oily mess, so this mask does wonders to suck up the excess oil from my face. It is a FRESH face mask, so you need to make sure you use it at least by a few days after the expiration date on the package. As long as you keep it refrigerated, you can still use it after the expiry date. Just don't wait too too long after. This mask is about $6 at Lush.


19. Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
  • I enjoy this cuticle cream as a night treatment only. It can be a but greasy, so it is best used at night before bed. In the morning you wake up with soft, hydrated cuticles for the day. Its important that you use it every night though! Remember a little bit goes along way with this product. I have already repurchased mine.



And that's all Ladies and Gents for now, Hope you enjoyed the reviews of my empties.
Until next time Beauty Lovers <3
MacGirl25

1 comment:

  1. I also love the apricot scrub! I always make sure to bring enough to last for the year here in Norway, because you can't get it over here.

    ReplyDelete